IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) is an internationally-recognised Accreditation Board for complementary therapists and training providers, and is well-respected in the industry. The company had been growing quite quickly and the existing website was rapidly becoming unwieldy.
IPHM came with a requirement to create a fully-featured, content managed application for the growing business.
The projected growth rate meant that management of accredited members and all of the associated subscription information would soon become impossible. Clearly something had to be done, so IPHM asked if there was a way to better manage all of this content.
After several consultations, we established a baseline application framework to handle most of the repetitive tasks and to automate as much as possible. The variety and complexity of the functionality required meant that a flexible and scalable platform was needed. Processwire was the obvious choice, and we built a web application that provided the following feature set:
- Aspiring members or training providers can apply via the website's intelligent application mechanism. Details are stored during the application process so this information doesn't need to be re-entered manually. Once payment and eligibility has been confirmed, the new member's record is made live on the website and IPHM begin promoting this via social media.
- A scheduled task runs each night to check for membership renewals, and automatically sends out IPHM-branded email reminders to those members whose subscription is due to expire.
- A wide range of additional branded emails can be sent out to individual members on-demand to satisfy different requirements, including additional reminder types, application welcome emails and many more.
- These branded emails are made possible by the integration (via custom-built modules) with Campaign Monitor's transactional email mechanism. Additionally, IPHM's email newsletter campaigns are sent through the same third-party system, ensuring brand consistency across different email types.
- Monthly financial summary reports are automatically generated, significantly simplifying what previously was a tiresome spreadsheet management task.
- A number of website features are member-only, requiring a membership to view.
- A fully-featured blog was provided, to help with search engine optimisation.
- And much more besides...
The result was a great-looking and functioning website with a host of time-saving features. Using a number of Processwire 'Pro' modules, for which we have agency-level licensing, meant that web pages are delivered extremely quickly, with bespoke page-editing features and fully-featured admin search mechanisms.
Since the launch, the website has gone from strength-to-strength and lots of additional functionality has been subsequently built-in. IPHM has expanded the team to cope with the level of demand that the site is generating, and the site continues to be a real time-saver from an admin standpoint.
What We Did
- Fully Content Managed
- Third-party API Integration
- Payment Integration
- Automated Scheduled Tasks
- Members-Only Content
back to portfolio list