Trish came to RO Web Solutions in 2017 with a requirement to create a fully-featured content managed application for her growing business IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine). The business is an internationally-recognised Accreditation Board for Complementary Therapists and Training Providers, and is well-respected in the industry. The company had been growing quite quickly and the existing website, which was managed by Trish herself, was rapidly becoming unwieldy. The projected growth rate meant that management of accredited members and all of the associated subscription information would soon become impossible. Clearly something had to be done, so Trish asked RO Web Solutions if there was a way to better manage all of this content.
After several consultations, we established a baseline application framework to handle most of the repetitive tasks and to automate as much as possible. The variety and complexity of the functionality required meant that a flexible and scalable platform was needed. Processwire was the obvious choice, and we built a web application that initially provided the following feature set:
- Aspiring members or training providers can apply via the website's intelligent application mechanism. Details are stored during the application process so this information doesn't need to be re-entered manually. Once payment and eligibility has been confirmed, the new member's record is made live on the website and IPHM begin promoting this via social media.
- A scheduled task runs each night to check for membership renewals, and automatically sends out IPHM-branded email reminders to those members whose subscription is due to expire.
- A wide range of additional branded emails can be sent out to individual members on-demand to satisfy different requirements, including additional reminder types, application welcome emails and many more.
- These branded emails are made possible by the integration (via custom-built modules) with Campaign Monitor's transactional email mechanism. Additionally, IPHM's email newsletter campaigns are sent through the same third-party system, ensuring brand consistency across different email types.
- Monthly financial summary reports are automatically generated, dramatically simplifying what used to be a tiresome spreadsheet management task.
- A number of website features are member-only, requiring a membership to view.
- A fully-featured blog was provided, to help with search engine optimisation.
- And much more besides..
The result was a great-looking and functioning website with a host of time-saving features. Using a number of Processwire "Pro" modules, for which we have agency-level licensing, meant that web pages are delivered extremely quickly (via the ProCache module), with bespoke page-editing features (ProFields module) and fully-featured admin search mechanisms (ProLister module).
Since the launch in late 2017, the website has gone from strength to strength and lots of additional functionality has been subsequently built-in. Trish has expanded her team to cope with the level of demand that the site is generating, so it is important that the site continues to be a real time-saver from an admin standpoint.